<pRieter is a leading supplier on the world market for textile machinery and components used in short staple fiber spinning. Based in Winterthur (Switzerland), the company develops and manufactures systems, machinery and technology components used to convert natural and manmade fibers and their blends into yarns. Rieter is the only supplier worldwide to cover spinning preparation processes as well as all four final spinning processes currently established on the market. With 19 manufacturing locations in 9 countries, the company employs a global workforce of some 4 700, about 28 % of whom are based in Switzerland.</p>
Rieter has supplied machines to China since 1927. With 2 manufacturing plants in Changzhou and 1 branch office in Shanghai, Rieter China delivers textile machines to the domestic market as well as to the world market.
Today Rieter China employs over 800 people specialized in textile technology, commercial service, engineering and manufacturing.
- 1927 Rieter delivers for the first time machines to Shanghai
- 1949 Agency moves from Shanghai to Hong Kong
- 1986 Rieter participates at 1st CITME exhibition Beijing (always since)
- 1991 Rieter establishes representation offices in Shanghai and Beijing
- 2000 Relocation of China head office from Hong Kong to Shanghai
- 2001 Establishment of Rieter (Changzhou) Textile Instruments Ltd.
- 2003 Establishment of Rieter Textile Systems (Shanghai) Ltd.
Rieter integrates Service Centre and opens spare parts warehouse in Shanghai
- 2004 Establishment of SpinCentre in Shanghai Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone
- 2007 Inauguration of the Extension of the Changzhou factory
Establishment of Technology SpinCentre in Changzhou
- 2010 Corner Stone Laying Plant II in Changzhou
- 2012 Inauguration Plant II in Changzhou