Quality yarn made from regenerated raw material
Kanish Spinning Mill produces with its rotor spinning machines R 36 consistently high-quality yarn from regenerated raw material at 98.5% machine efficiency. Kanish profits in various ways: The R 36 can be operated with fewer personnel, utilizes raw material better and consumes less power.
The Challenge: High Market Demand
The company’s biggest challenge is to fulfill market demand. Kanish wants to ensure a consistently high level of production of quality yarn using cost-saving technologies. When making new acquisitions, the severe lack of skilled personnel must also be taken into consideration. This means that machines are required that are both user-friendly and that have a high production output.
The Solution: Rotor Spinning Machine R 36
Kanish owns Rieter draw frames RSB-D 45/D 50 and is impressed by their high level of performance, by their delivery of consistent sliver quality, and by the support provided by Rieter. When the decision was made to expand the business, a machine from Rieter was therefore the company’s first choice to replace its existing rotor spinning machine. Rieter organized a joint visit with Kanish to a Rieter rotor spinning installation in Madurai. The management was so impressed with the running behavior of the plant that they decided definitively to order the Rieter rotor spinning machine R 36. Kanish ordered a machine with 500 rotors, which replaced three of its existing machines in the first phase.
The Benefits for Kanish Spinning Mill
The company produces consistently high-quality yarn with 98.5% machine efficiency. The key benefits of the new rotor spinning machine R 36 are:
- Better raw material utilization: Compared with the market standard, the R 36 is capable of spinning quality yarn using fibers of all counts, even blends with a low polyester content.
- Higher productivity: The performance of one R 36 is equivalent to the productivity of three old rotor spinning machines, with less power consumption.
- Less labor required: To operate the old machines, ten operators were required per day. The R 36 requires only three operators per day to achieve the same level of productivity.
- Flexibility when selecting the count: Two different counts can be spun using one machine. This allows Kanish to respond quickly and flexibly to changing market requirements.
- Fast and simple piecing: The sensor control AMIspin Pro enables easy and faster piecing. The piecing strength and evenness of the yarn is consistent across all spinning positions. Even a new operator can achieve better piecing at a faster rate with the AMIspin Pro.
- Higher efficiency following a power failure: Automatic Spinning In (ASI) enables machine efficiency of up to 85% following a power failure. The production loss is kept to a minimum and less action is required from the operating personnel.
- Ergonomic design: The lower machine height means less work load for the operator, even with bigger can formats (450 mm x 1 070 mm).
|Count||Ne 10 – 40|
|Rotor diameter||38 mm|
|Rotor speed||88 000 rpm|
|Ends down||12/100 operating hours|
|CSP||1 550 – 1 800|
To grow the business, we need to modernize our technology and produce quality yarn at a competitive price. The rotor spinning machine R 36 from Rieter consistently runs at 98.5% efficiency, producing yarn at the required quality and enabling us to fulfill the wishes of our customers. We are very satisfied with our decision. Rieter offers us the convenience that our business needs, and we are looking forward to continuing our partnership.Mr. K. Chandrasekaran, Managing Director, Kanish Spinning Mill
Kanish Spinning Mill is an established regenerated yarn manufacturer in South India. Since the company was founded in 2008, Kanish Spinning Mill has used rotor spinning machines of an older generation. Kanish produces regenerated yarn for various end uses, including hand towels, knitted fabrics and other weaving applications. The company is a pioneer in producing re-generated yarn with a count range between Ne 10 and Ne 40.